Yellow! Who would have come up with a bright yellow shoe that drains water, is non-slip and looks fantastic? Well, we did and the response has been fantastic. This is the shoe you wear when you're tired of khaki and looking for something with a little more uumph! If you're looking for bold, beautiful and comfy all at the same time then yellow is for you. Wear 'em proud. We do.
We recommend sizing down if you are a half-size.
Classic Loafer / Boat Shoe / Deck Shoe / Driver Shoe
- The Giller. We named it this because of the gills on the sides of the shoe. There are 12 gills to disperse water rapidly. These gills also serve as natural flex points for the shoe to enhance comfort when walking.
- Marine Grade Construction. Unlike leather deck shoes, the Tucket Giller is designed to fully submerge in water and dry fast.
- Water Friendly. This shoe is made to wear sockless so you can walk in water. Canvas or leather deck shoes will fill with water, become heavy, pull from your feet and take multiple days to fully dry. Sandals will slip off your feet when walking through knee deep water.
- Fast Draining. We built in 24 drain holes with a unibody construction. This is the fastest draining and drying boat shoe available today. It takes days for a canvas or leather deck shoe to dry. The Tucket Giller drains instantly and can be dried with the simple wipe of towel.
- Patent Pending Outsole. Tucket has developed a unique outsole made up of multiple pods that readily channel large volumes of water. Each pod has a set of angled treads that are counter-angled to the next tread. This makes for superior grip no matter which direction your force demands.
- Slip Resistant. Boater tested and proven. This proprietary tread material has passed slip testing for occupational footwear.
- EVA Footbed. This is the same material most athletic shoe brands use. This makes for superior comfort under foot and helps significantly reduce foot fatigue.
- Lightweight. One shoe in size 11 weighs only 8.4 ounces. Compared to a popular leather deck shoe which weighs 14 ounces. Plus, wet or dry, the Tucket Giller does not change weight. Once wet, a canvas or leather deck shoe will weigh significantly more.
- Slip On. Easy entry.
- Proudly Made in the USA!
- Hand Wash with mild soap and warm water.
- Dries in Seconds. Just wipe off and wear. Even if you don't wipe it off it will dry very quickly, unlike canvas or leather deck shoes which will stay wet for days.
- Odor Resistant. If you get a hint of an odor simply wash with mild soap and water.
- Shoe Laces. Take caution when pulling on the laces. They are strictly for decoration and not designed to tighten the shoe. Pulling up aggressively could damage your shoe.
Read about these in Cruising World so thought I'd try them out this season. They're really light weight and they seem like they will certainly drain well. They run REALLY large - mostly in width (more like a EEE) and a little in length. Haven't worn them sailing yet.
Saw these at the Annapolis Boat Show - used them for the first time this spring and they live up to the hype! No one can wash a boat with out getting their feet wet. They got wet, drained and dried without having to take them off. No slip on the deck issues - a tech leap forward in boating foot wear.