Our Cognac & Vanilla Giller is so good looking that Mrs Tucket allows us to wear them out on date night. The Cognac color looks perfect onboard and in the boardroom (if you are lucky enough to work for a Yacht builder). Developed to stay comfortable regardless of conditions, the patented Tucket Giller design has 24 drain holes to quickly allow water to exit. Remember, dry feet are happy feet.
Classic Loafer / Boat Shoe / Deck Shoe / Driver Shoe
- We named our shoe The Giller because of the gills on the sides of the shoe. There are 12 gills to disperse water rapidly. These gills also serve as natural flex points for the shoe to enhance comfort when walking.
- Unlike leather deck shoes, the Tucket Giller is designed to fully submerge in water and dry fast.
- This shoe is made to wear sockless so you can walk in water. Canvas or leather deck shoes will fill with water, become heavy, pull from your feet and take multiple days to fully dry. Sandals will slip off your feet when walking through knee deep water.
- We built in 24 drain holes with a unibody construction. This is the fastest draining and drying boat shoe available today. It takes days for a canvas or leather deck shoe to dry. The Tucket Giller drains instantly and can be dried with the simple wipe of towel.
- Tucket has developed a unique patent pending outsole made up of multiple pods that readily channel large volumes of water. Each pod has a set of angled treads that are counter-angled to the next tread. This makes for superior grip no matter which direction your force demands.
- Slip Resistant. Boater tested and proven. This proprietary tread material has passed slip testing for occupational footwear.
- EVA Footbed. This is the same material most athletic shoe brands use. This makes for superior comfort under foot and helps significantly reduce foot fatigue.
- One shoe in size 11 weighs only 8.4 ounces. Compared to a popular leather deck shoe which weighs 14 ounces. Plus, wet or dry, the Tucket Giller does not change weight. Once wet, a canvas or leather deck shoe will weigh significantly more.
- Made in the USA!
- Wash with mild soap and warm water.
- Dries in Seconds. Just wipe off and wear. Even if you don't wipe it off it will dry very quickly, unlike canvas or leather deck shoes which will stay wet for days.
- Odor Resistant. If you get a hint of an odor simply wash with mild soap and water.
- Take caution when pulling on the shoe laces. They are strictly for decoration and not designed to tighten the shoe. Pulling up aggressively could damage your shoe.
I have no boat, but I live in a hot and moist enviroment in Costa Rica. So thought this idea of the holes would keep my bare feet dry, and yes, they do. The holes allow air to my foot and thus no sweating at all. Plus the the design is marvelous, turns heads, specially women who like men in nice mocassins. Do highly recommend. Also, its fast shipping adn responsible.
These shoes are amazing, if you know just a little bit about boat shoes. They are meant to be worn without socks, and require the oils and moisture from your feet to break in, which may take a few days. Once they're broken in, they're ridiculously comfortable! Bandage up spots that might cause blisters while you break them in, and put lotion on your feet before you out them on for the first time, it speeds up the breaking in process!
1/2 sizes are a must. Work great on and around the boat.
I first saw these shoes advertised in a fishing newspaper and decided to try them. I like to wear shoes while on my 15 foot boat for fishing and did not want to use a more dress pair I had bought and saw these. So far they are comfortable, slip on easy and I can hose them off. Just what I was looking for. Jodie in customer service helped me with ordering the right size.
Product is great. Company customer service is even better.
I purchased the tucket men's giller for my dad as a gift. He absolutely loves them! Perfect fit - perfect for a day on the lake! highly recommend for anyone who loves the water .
This is my "back door shoe". The tougher tasks I have put the shoe thru is washing the boat, cleaning the deck, planting flowers and getting dirty, wearing to a party, running to get groceries, washing the car and going to the movies. When they got dirty I just used dish shop, rubbed them by hand, rinsed off and put on. They work great and for $60 are a very good value!!!
These were comfortable right out of the box. I had dress shoes and casual shoes and I needed a nice in between.
I have an older pair of CROCS boat shoes which are pretty comfortable as are the Gillers. But the big difference is I didn't have to break in the CROCS, the Gillers are pretty stiff and I already have a blister on my left foot on the inside of the area between my heel and instep. The other is the same bit of discomfort as mentioned in the 4/2/15 review about the holes in the sole. I like the smaller drain holes in the sides as compared to the larger ones on the CROCS and the Giller looks better. The sole cushioning is pretty good also aside from the sole holes which will probably improve over time. I think having 1/2 sizes would be a plus as I am a size 11 and they are a bit loose.
I just got my gillers today and I have to say I am impressed! I do a lot of kayak fishing and Ive been looking for the perfect shoe to wear whilst kayaking. I was kind of taking a shot in the dark due to these shoes being quite new and not very widespread. I'm glad I did! This shoe dries fast and cleans up very well. I don't have to worry about getting them stained or fouled up by fish smell. I like the design also. I really wanted the "boat shoe" look but didn't want soggy shoes that come with kayak fishing. They drain fast. A word of caution, I am a size 10.5 and had to end up getting a 10 and they fit well. Also I'm noticing a little bit of discomfort from the holes in the soles. I'm sure this is only temporary while I break the shoes in.