Imagine the scene where James Bond sprints out of the Casino and hops on a boat for a quick getaway. He wants to match his tuxedo, look good, stay dry and have secure footing so he can fight off the villains. Now we aren't saying that James was wearing our Black To The Floor Giller. But he could have. And so can you.
We recommend sizing down if you are a half-size.
Classic Loafer / Boat Shoe / Deck Shoe / Driver Shoe
- The Giller. We named it this because of the gills on the sides of the shoe. There are 12 gills to disperse water rapidly. These gills also serve as natural flex points for the shoe to enhance comfort when walking.
- Marine Grade Construction. Unlike leather deck shoes, the Tucket Giller is designed to fully submerge in water and dry fast.
- Water Friendly. This shoe is made to wear sockless so you can walk in water. Canvas or leather deck shoes will fill with water, become heavy, pull from your feet and take multiple days to fully dry. Sandals will slip off your feet when walking through knee deep water.
- Fast Draining. We built in 24 drain holes with a unibody construction. This is the fastest draining and drying boat shoe available today. It takes days for a canvas or leather deck shoe to dry. The Tucket Giller drains instantly and can be dried with the simple wipe of towel.
- Patent Pending Outsole. Tucket has developed a unique outsole made up of multiple pods that readily channel large volumes of water. Each pod has a set of angled treads that are counter-angled to the next tread. This makes for superior grip no matter which direction your force demands.
- Slip Resistant. Boater tested and proven. This proprietary tread material has passed slip testing for occupational footwear.
- EVA Footbed. This is the same material most athletic shoe brands use. This makes for superior comfort under foot and helps significantly reduce foot fatigue.
- Lightweight. One shoe in size 11 weighs only 8.4 ounces. Compared to a popular leather deck shoe which weighs 14 ounces. Plus, wet or dry, the Tucket Giller does not change weight. Once wet, a canvas or leather deck shoe will weigh significantly more.
- Slip On. Easy entry.
- Proudly Made in the USA!
- Hand Wash with mild soap and warm water.
- Dries in Seconds. Just wipe off and wear. Even if you don't wipe it off it will dry very quickly, unlike canvas or leather deck shoes which will stay wet for days.
- Odor Resistant. If you get a hint of an odor simply wash with mild soap and water.
- Shoe Laces. Take caution when pulling on the laces. They are strictly for decoration and not designed to tighten the shoe. Pulling up aggressively could damage your shoe.
Just got acquainted with this line of boat shoes and quality is visually apparent! This pair will get tested over the weekend kayaking.
This is the 4th pair of Tuckets I've purchased. I love these shoes. They are a very multi-use product from dockside to business casual to just plain all round functional. I was pleased to see the "Black to the Floor" continued to be offered, as the white soles and laces would have reduced the range of use dramatically. The soles wear forever, and if you liked Crocks, and tried a pair of these you would never go back to Crocks. Their soles wear out in 2 or 3 months. I first bought a pair of tan ones and only after wearing them for at least 1.5 years nearly every day, the soles are just now showing some significant wear. Even though there is wear on the soles, they still do not slip on wet surfaces like Crocks. The vents on the sole and sides don't impair the visual impact of a loafer, thus making them more year round. Keep up the good work and keep the Black to the Floor!
These sleek looking shoes allow you to wear them almost anywhere, with style.
Very pleased with the fit and performance in and out the water and in my boat.